Hitachi Energy is currently seeking a sales professional to serve as an Account Manager and contribute to our Utility Sales team. This position will be based in the Richmond, VA area. Candidates residing in adjacent markets will also be considered.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) plays a crucial role in Hitachi Energy’s growth strategy. Assigned to one or more accounts, the KAM is tasked with maintaining and expanding relationships with strategically important customers. The KAM will focus on achieving sales targets, managing sales pipelines, ensuring customer satisfaction, and implementing strategic account planning. The KAM will represent the entire range of Hitachi Energy's products, systems, and services to an account or a subset of it. Reporting to the Regional Vice President, the KAM will lead the account planning cycle and ensure the customer's needs and expectations are met.
- Account Strategies: Contribute to the development of sales strategies by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Sales Targets: Develop sales targets to grow account margins and implement a structured process to ensure their achievement.
- Account Plan: Lead the design and execution of the account plan, prioritizing opportunities, and proposing recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer Relations: Act as the main point of contact for resolving customer issues, monitor customer claims, and facilitate customer negotiations.
- Customer Knowledge: Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the customer's business strategy, purchasing behavior, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Volume and Profit: Focus on volume, mix, and profitability targets when selling products/solutions/services to customers.
- Market Activity: Monitor competitor activity within each account, formulating and implementing appropriate response strategies.
- Sales and Marketing: Create value for the customer and Hitachi Energy by gaining a deep understanding of the customers' applications. Coordinate internal or external resources to provide value-added services to accounts.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to develop sales strategies, provide insight to customers, and coordinate activities involving multiple functions across a variety of businesses.
- Strong analytical and communication skills to evaluate sales efforts, anticipate market change, and forecast customers' buying patterns and product requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while remaining organized and strategic in carrying out the sales account plans.
- Strong understanding of customer and Hitachi Energy’s organizational structure, and excellent business sense to determine when escalation is required.
- Ability to anticipate roadblocks and alert internal & external stakeholders appropriately.
- Fosters teamwork that drives collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, or a master’s degree with an equivalent of 3 years of experience in technical Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and/or Marketing.
- Sales/Business Development experience with clients in the utilities and/or energy markets.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Strong customer relationship skills; Exceptional analytical skills and leadership abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-related field.
- 3 Years of experience working with large investor-owned utility clients.
- Recent experience in sales & marketing of Power Distribution products (e.g. transformer systems, switchgear, circuit breakers, software, etc.).
For more than 100 years, Hitachi has focused on developing the social infrastructure that provides the foundation for nearly every aspect of modern life. We have grown significantly since our inception, but our founding spirit remains at the heart of Hitachi. This spirit is built on three words that guide the way we work.
Wa (Harmony): We respect the opinions of others and discuss matters frankly, but also fairly and impartially.
Makoto (Sincerity): We approach issues openly, honestly and respectfully, in the spirit of true teamwork.
Kaitakusha-seishin (Pioneering Spirit): We strive to lead in our areas of expertise, promoting the limitless potential of individuals while pursuing new challenges and higher goals.
These values form the foundation for our decisions and link our group companies around the world together. We foster a diverse, rewarding culture that drives innovation and inspires others to do the same.
We believe our company has the best people, and they get to work on some of the coolest projects on the planet.