Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Over 60 years ago, Hitachi Energy introduced a new way of transmitting electricity across long distances with minimum losses – High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC). We can now deliver up to 12 gigawatts of power at voltage levels of up to 1100 kV, covering distances of more than 3,000 kilometers. Also, HVDC is key enabler for integrating renewable sources like offshore wind farms in continental power grid. Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. Now we are looking for enthusiasts who would like to strengthen our growing team in Hitachi Energy Technology Center in Krakow, contributing to the heart of HVDC station: Modular Advanced Control for HVDC (MACH™).
That control system is designed to run 24/7 for thirty years or more, handling for all control and protection functions. Development in Krakow covers High-Speed digital control boards, I/O Measurements systems and Power Electronics control & protection circuits. As a part of global R&D organization you will cooperate on daily bases with colleagues from MACH™ teams in Sweden and India, all working under same Agile framework (SAFe), developing End-to-End solutions integrating electronic hardware, FPGA, and embedded software.
You will join HW Electronics team lead by Yuriy Puchkov, applying your knowledge and skills in technology and/or product development.
- You will see how your personal efforts converted to real products, impacting evolution of electrical grids, making it more green, reliable, and resilient.
- You will work in comfortable office with great transport communication (near central station), with modern equipment in our brand-new on-site laboratory area.
- Our organization will support your competence development, knowledge sharing, work-life balance, harmony of diversity.
Our teammates are open-minded, friendly and working in good spirit.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of hardware platform, from idea, requirements, prototyping, integration Embedded SW and FPGA solution with HW device, testing up to release & ensuring sustaining and high-quality production
- You are going to take care of system integrity of products, working close with adjacent teams (software and FPGA engineers, product verification engineers, etc)
- Contributing to testability of designs, influence requirements based on your experience
- Participation in simulations, schematics and layout reviews, product release process
- Prototyping, validation and testing of products, development and support of local verification infrastructure and setups
- Preparing and managing technical documentation
- Living Hitachi Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- At least Master/bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relate field
- At least 2 years’ hardware design professional experience of analogue and digital circuits
- Practical knowledge of hardware design process and tools (e.g. SPICE, Altium, PADS, CADSTAR…)
- Experience with laboratory equipment and circuit boards testing and measurements
- Awareness of PCB/PCBA manufacturing, DFM, and test technology
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
- English language – at least Intermediate / B1 / Technical communication
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines
- It would be advantage:
- Understanding of component and device reliability, DFMA
- Experience with fiber optics and copper media communication interfaces
- Experience with Test and Measuring automation tools (VISA, Python, LabView)
- Experience in product certification, EMC, signal and power integrity
- Basic principles of C/C++ or VHDL language
- Understanding mechanical documentation
|Location||Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company