Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Grid Automation Products is a business unit within Hitachi Energy that is responsible for the development, marketing and sale and manufacturing of products for protection and control for generation, trunk networks and regional network applications. The unit's product offer consists of IEDs in the Relion® 670/650 series. The unit also offers services such as training to ensure customers get the maximum return on their investment in Hitachi Energy protection and control solutions.
We are looking for a Hardware Systems Engineer or Expert to join our global R&D team of hardware development, located in Västerås. You will directly report to HW Manager and be responsible to analyze product requirements, break them down and specify them to meet customers' needs. Do you have the expertise and skills allowing you to fully understand all aspects of the requirements (technical, human, commercial, life cycle, ...) on the product or subsystem? Are you able to capture these requirements in specifications while leaving freedom for optimization to our hardware suppliers? Do you want to become part of our dynamic culture? Then apply now, we are looking forward to meeting you!
- Develop advanced industrial products that can withstand harsh environmental conditions and achieve high customer expectations of reliability, quality, and safety
- Develop new HW modules together with partners (ODMs): technical requirement, HW design, design review (FMEA, DFT, EMC, etc.), testing, verification, validation, and documentation
- Lead or contribute to HW systems integration, EMC, electrical safety and type test, and NPI (New Product Introduction) activities Maintain existing HW modules (Cost Cuts, EOL, Production Support)
- Lead or contribute to HW development projects within an international matrix organization (Hardware, Firmware, Software, Test, Supply Chain, EMS, Quality, and Production teams)
- Participate in the HW Architecture and System Design studies for future products
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our ways of working
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in HW Development, preferably with agile and lean methodologies
- Expertise in at least one hardware specific discipline, as e.g., analog design, EMC, electrical safety, …
- Hands-on experience with electronics measurement, EMC, testing, and debugging
- It will be a part of your job to communicate with external partners, project leaders, other departments, and suppliers. It is therefore important that you are open-minded and straightforward in your communication
- Experience managing suppliers will be to your advantage
- You are a natural problem solver, who enjoys meeting new challenges A team player with a holistic view, high integrity, and the skills needed to manage constantly challenging and changing targets
- As you will be part of a company that operates in the global arena, you must be proficient in English
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before 7th of September! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!
More information: Recruiting Manager Mustafa Yuksel, +46 107-38 01 21, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer; Klas Koppari, +46 107-38 13 45; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12; Unionen: Kennet Tedenäs, +46 107-38 16 16. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Helena Stefansdottir, +46 107-38 53 98.
|Location||Vaesteras, Vastmanland County, Sweden|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company