Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Contribute to improving Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective Project location/ site to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment. Support the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice. Facilitate and ensure effective risk management through HSE excellence along Hitachi Energy’s value chain.
Reports HSE incidents. Feeds back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across Hitachi Energy (HEIL) to site management and employees. Reports progress on implementation of Hitachi Energy Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to site level, as required.
2. Regulatory compliance
Implements policies and standards. Ensures area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit. Assists site managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and Hitachi Energy Group policy, instructions and standards. Live Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while deploying at site level and the business.
3. Risk management
Facilitates HSE risks assessment by Site manager, site team involving contractors’ employees and workmen, i.e., those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented. Conduct and lead the basic concepts such like risk assessment and environmental aspects & impact assessment.
4. Continuous improvement
Drives behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
5. Communication and engagement
Engages external (e.g. customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback at site level. Cooperates with customer, consultant & contractors to drive HSE performance. Coach and guide workmen, supervisor and employee at site levels to establish the safety culture, prevention activities and collaborative approach. Identify, plans and initiate training needs for site HEIL employees and contractors’ staff when required as per training plan & update in matrix.
6. Operational support & Site management
Ensures appropriate safety equipment and tools are available and used. Help to select & procure right tools, safety materials & PPEs for site. Drives and ensures compliance with Group management systems (e.g., ISO 14001 and OHSAS 45001). Participate the incident prevention program and incident investigation (Minor) and analysis studies. Contributes to and/or plans and executes HSE, Sustainability though out project life cycles, Develops and reports on project HSE objectives. Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree or Diploma in electrical/ mechanical/ environmental engineering.
- Full time Safety course (at least 1 year), NEBOSH will be preferred.
- Completion of an OSHA training program is an added advantage.
- Any specialization on critical activity like certified scaffolder, trained on working at height, lifting supervisor etc.
- 8-12 years working on HSE field (Preferable to work on Sub-station business). Knowledge about workplace risk assessment methodologies and techniques.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Understanding of Electrical / Mechanical Symbols, Schematic and other technical information.
- Able to spot potential hazards, identify safety concerns, and recognize practices that could harm the environment.
- Ability to Audit and Incident Reporting.
- Skills on Electrical safety, Equipment lockout, Machine safeguarding, Industrial Machinery operations and Ergonomics.
- Work with other Functional Teams in operations to create a safe environment for everyone.
- Knowledge on environmental laws and regulations to review company practices.
- Good in verbal and written communication and demonstration.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Legal, Compliance & Audit|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company