Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are creating from scratch a new industrial IoT platform that will be used to provide best-in-class protection software for Power Grids. Our system is mission-critical to keep lights on.
Since the project was created from scratch, we use cutting-edge technologies in practice, not just paper. In daily work, you will get hands-on experience on containerization, Kubernetes (k8s), and system designed in full-fledged microservice architecture with all its benefits and drawbacks. We cannot promise you that this will be an easy ride, but it will surely be a fun one.
Concepts like scalability, reliability, and availability are the critical base, so it is required to have basic knowledge about how they can be achieved in the microservice world.
Reporting to Paweł Otręba, you will work in a collaborative environment.
Quality is unquestionable, so we constantly invest in test automation, starting from the Unit Test level, written in the same language as micro-services.
Our tech stack and tools include .NET 6, REST API, SLQ (PostgreSQL, SQL Server), Git, Azure DevOps, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and Prometheus.
Our commitment / We offer:
- We guarantee a friendly and supportive workplace
- Work with professionals willing to share their experience
- Access to technology of the future
- Domain knowledge training
As a DevOps Engineer you will join the team in Krakow, working closely with colleagues from Sweden and US. With excellent software engineering skills and can-do culture you will be a part of our global group developing industrial IoT platform.
- Build, package and deploy software product applications on internal test systems
- Help implement process and tools improvements related to configuration management
- Perform entry-level debugging of the source code to facilitate resolution of integration problems
- Automate repetitive tasks by scripting and development of software tools
- Share your experience and skills with other team members
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in computer science, information sciences or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on implementation experience with DevOps / software configuration management. Preferred set (similar experience is also acceptable):
- Hands on knowledge in following areas:
- Git version control system
- Build management - Azure DevOps Pipelines, MSBuild, CMake
- Static analysis tools (SonarQube, BlackDuck)
- Docker / podman
- Kubernetes + Helm
- A broad and up-to-date background on build system technology and software engineering in general
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux based systems and technologies as well as system administration (preferred RHEL and Ubuntu as well as Windows Server 2019)
- Scripting skills and passion to automate software engineering tasks (preferred Python and bash)
- SQL knowledge and basic DB administration skills
- Excellent communication in English to explain and document your ideas and plans for different audiences
- Experience in working in a globally distributed team is a plus
Open minded and would like to learn and develop yourself and your software engineering skills
|Location||Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||IT, Telecom & Internet|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company