Surge arrester POLIM-C..ND
Silicone-housed surge arrester for DC traction system up to 3 kV with class DC-A
POLIM-C..ND is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, grey color, designed and tested according to IEC 62848-1 / EN 50526-1. Fire and smoke behavior tested and classified according to EN 45545-2.
It is used for secure protection of power electronics in DC systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions, it is also recommended for fixed installations in traction networks.
The arresters also meet the requirements for A1 functions according to the VDV 525 recommendation:
- A1 – overvoltage protection of equipment connected to traction supply voltage
- Traction systems – fixed installations
- Secondary equipment
- Power electronics
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection and more than 30 years with silicone insulation
- Local and global Hitachi Energy application support
- Proven safe short-circuit current design
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- UV resistant silicone housing with excellent pollution performance
- Maintenance free
Brief performance data
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc=Ur)||kV DC||0.56-4.7|
|Short-circuit current (Is)||kA DC||20|
|Charge transfer capability (Qt)||As||1.0|
|Thermal energy rating (Wth)||kJ/kV (Ur)||4.5|
For more details see the data sheet in downloads below.
Get to know more
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you