Silicone-housed surge arrester for DC traction system up to 3 kV with class DC-B
POLIM-H ..-.. D is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, grey color, designed and tested according to IEC 62848-1 and EN 50526-1. POLIM-H ..-.. D complies also with the following standards:
- Shock and vibration tested according to IEC 61373
- Fire and smoke behavior tested and classified according to EN 45545-2
This surge arrester is used for protection of DC traction systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions.
The arresters also meet the requirements for A1/A2 functions according to the VDV 525 recommendation:
- A1 – overvoltage protection of equipment connected to traction supply voltage
- A2 – overvoltage protection for apparatus connected to the running rails
- Traction systems – fixed installations
- Rolling stock and high speed trains
- Equipment in direct current installations
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection and more than 30 years with silicone insulation
- Local and global Hitachi Energy application support
- Proven safe short-circuit current design
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- Excellent protection level with low residual voltage
- High energy withstand capability
- UV resistant silicone housing with excellent pollution performance
- Maintenance free
- Mechanically strong design
- Stable against shock and vibration
- High speed train tested
Brief performance data
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc=Ur)||kV DC||1.0-5.0|
|Short-circuit current (Is)||kA DC||40|
|Charge transfer capability (Qt)||As||2.5|
|Thermal energy rating (Wth)||kJ/kV (Ur)||9.5|
For more details see the data sheet in downloads below.
Get to know more
Something caught your eye?
Our sales team will get in touch with you