Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy, Enterprise Software Solutions (ESS) is looking to hire a Principal Engineer to join our Infrastructure and Operations Team. We are seeking a technical lead to join our InfraOps team in Broomfield, CO. This senior position would be responsible for providing expertise around the entire Infrastructure Stack including Cloud, Servers, OS Platforms (Windows and Linux), Virtualization and Storage. This is a very critical position in North America to complement the team in rest of the regions including APAC and EMEA. The person in this role would participate in operations, projects, migrations, and technology transformation initiatives.
- Participate and lead technology rollouts, transformation, and upgrade projects.
- Provide expertise to solve complex technology problems.
- Act as SME during US time zone to address any critical P1/P2 issues impacting customers.
- Provide guidance and expertise to other members in the team.
- Partner with business to understand the ongoing challenges and revisit the infrastructure time to time to ensure proper business alignment.
- Review existing infrastructure deployments and take actions / recommend actions to increase the overall security posture.
- Serve as a SME to diagnose and resolve problems in, storage (object, block, file) and hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems in the environment.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 12+ Years of overall experience
- 10+ years of experience in system administration and engineering, with a focus cloud platforms including Azure and AWS.
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef, and an automation first mentality
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems, as well as networking and security concepts.
- Strong knowledge on Virtualization, Storage and Back up
- Familiarity with modern application delivery methodology, including continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Ability to analyze the alerts, incidents and requests to draw conclusions and recommend actions to improve systems reliability, availability as well as performance.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively mentor and lead technical teams.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
|Ort||Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America|
|Position||IT, Telecom & Internet|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company