Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Integrated Transformer Management (ITM) System Leader (Focus Factory) for its South Boston, VA location. In alignment with the North America Hub’s vision and growth strategy, this role is responsible for driving sustainable and transformational change across the extended Factory Value Chain by using ITM system tools and methods to demonstrate improvements in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost.
- Reports to the Factory ITM Leader to drive continuous improvement using the fundamentals of our Lean management system -- ITM.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to improve our continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination throughout the extended value stream. Focus on driving our ‘learn and go-do’ approach using ITM tools, including 5S, Visual Management, Kaizen, Daily Management, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Leader Standard Work, etc.
- Enables activities across the Factory to implement and mature the ITM system. Assist in the maturity assessment process to advance the organization through the ITM phases of deployment.
- Lead and facilitate kaizen events for the organization and partner with the extended cross-functional organization on overall use of ITM tools to drive optimization of KPIs around Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost. Includes leading and facilitating ITM Process Excellence Kaizen events through the Value Stream.
- Learn the ITM system to support training and coaching others to build capabilities on the tools and methods. Build a Coaching culture across the organization with focus on Employee Engagement and Accountability.
- Own and lead Cost-out projects focused on improved processes and systems, and coach others in the development and execution of Cost-out projects.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively; self‐motivated and disciplined to meet deadlines in the context of competing priorities and projects; lead and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully multi-task and meet deadlines and customer demands with a sense of urgency.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Critical thinker; Self-aware; and open and receptive to feedback.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Effective trainer and coach of all levels of employees and leadership teams.
- A proven change agent who fosters teamwork and has proven ability to adapt.
- Skilled in developing strategy and translating into actionable plans & driving sustainable change through influence.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Manufacturing, Business (or related) and 5+ years of experience in areas of manufacturing, engineering, materials management, quality and/or process improvement.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States and/or Canada.
- Lean training or certification, or Six-Sigma certification preferred.
- Track record of delivering breakthrough results impacting the bottom line.
- Experience in challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology and driving improvements, and the ability to lead teams through influence without authority.
- Experience working with one of the following: Integrated Transformer Management System, Toyota Production System, Danaher Business System, Honeywell Operating System, or similar
|Ort||South Boston, Virginia, United States of America|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company