Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The transport planner specialist will coordinate and execute domestic and international transportation (air, ocean & ground) for North America (including Canada, US & Mexico) ensuring the utilization of preferred HE logistics providers. The environment is constantly changing and will demand on-going attention to customer requirements and real time communication of service issues with shippers and receivers. The position requires making decisions which impact cost and service while meeting customer requirements as you work to continuously improve transport and logistics operations.
- Execute domestic, inbound and outbound shipments: planning and scheduling (air, ocean & ground), requesting booking with selected carrier or forwarder, coordinate pick up of the goods, assist and monitor the customs clearance process and coordinate final mile delivery.
- Usage of a Transportation Management System (TMS) to execute domestic shipments.
- Provide the best transportation options for shipments in terms of transit time, cost & service.
- Track shipments utilizing carriers web portals till final delivery.
- Measure HE main KPIs of their assigned sites/ factories: On time pick up, on time delivery vs committed date, on time delivery vs requested date and if needed analyze causes of delay.
- Work with Trade Compliance Specialist for correct harmonization tariff schedule codes (HTS / HS codes) and coordinates with International Contracts Management team for all other required export documentation
- Work closely with Transportation Service Providers to ensure efficient and effective execution of processes and that the Transportation Service Provider obtains necessary transport permits for overweight / over dimensional loads.
- Work with Hitachi Energy Factory to ensure accurate packing list is generated.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Factory to support on time delivery of inbound materials.
- Prepare and update daily, weekly and monthly logistics reports which show status of shipments and proactively re-plan as needed to ensure on time delivery.
- Communicate shipments status to Planning and Sales organizations as appropriate.
- Obtain spot quotes for all modes of transportation and ensure freight invoice matches quote
- Support Customs team for import and export clearance and accounts payable for freight payment reconciliation.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Basic Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s’ degree in Logistics, Foreign trade, SCM or similar specialist.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 5+ years of experience in transportation (managing domestic inbound / outbound shipments).
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have proven experience working with logistics suppliers (freight forwarders, ocean carriers, custom broker).
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers and logistics providers.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency.
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts.
- Bilingual skills (English & Spanish)
- Experience in working with advanced TMS platforms.
- Local transport market knowledge including equipment, port and airport operations as well as relevant restrictions and regulations and legislation.
- General knowledge of local transportation networks.
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to travel up to 15% regionally.
- Experience in production scheduling, distribution, materials and inventory planning is a plus.
- Experience with freight settlement processes is a plus.
|Ort||Alamo, Tennessee, United States of America|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company