Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Hub BU Financial Planning and Analytics Specialist for its Transformer business unit based in Shanghai. The ideal candidate will have the experience and character to develop and establish themselves by working closely with the Hub Business Unit Transformers Management Team. You will provide high-quality, accurate, and impactful research to aid in the growth and direction of the Business Unit. The candidate must possess an exceptionally strong analytical capability to produce concise, timely, and accurate research briefings. To be successful in the role, you should have demonstrably exceptional intellectual capability and discipline, as well as excellent communication skills. You should also be professional, responsive, and service oriented.
- You will be supporting business decisions by developing effective profitability analysis across GPGs, factories, service units, customer lines and product lines. Developing “on Demand” analytics for Functional cost, Material Cost Analysis and Personnel Expenses. Delivering month-end analytics on a timely basis for Financial, Operational, and other functional KPIs with variance Analysis and commentaries. Follow-up and variance analysis with Hubs/GPGs. Generating ideas for continuous improvements to management analytics process.
- Works with other finance professionals in companies/Functions to understand and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends. Prepares financial modelling for various “what if” scenarios and the overall impact to the business unit.
- You will support preparation of Hub BU organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting, and forecasting with regular follow ups with Companies and GPGs. Monthly and quarterly financial reviews preparation and documentation. Cost Center Controlling for BU Profit centers.
- Productivity and Efficiency: Standardized definitions and reporting of productivity and efficiency, process improvement to gain operational efficiency and subsequent profitability improvements. Create a month-end reporting cadence for the hubs and factories to review standard metrics and identify areas for potential improvement. Support the Hubs on the development of specific actions, timelines, and owners to achieve results.
- You will support and contribute to the definition of the strategy for the Hubs and GPGs. Research and investigate key industry trends and provide meaningful insights for the organization. Integrate information from multiple sources to develop actionable intelligence and recommendations to support the overall growth and/or targeted short to midterm strategies.
- Internal controls and risk management: Lead the BU in Financial Audits and ICOFR requirements. Evaluate and automate internal controls across the BU through workflows and harmonized processes.
- You will perform and execute short-term and long-term cross functional initiatives and projects for continuous improvements related to profitability, Cashflow, finance processes, and/or productivity.
- You will drive strategic projects in finance & analytics Internal control and risk & contract management.
- You will be managing the controlling COE team working for BU including performance evaluation, process improvements and coordinating with Controlling COE team leads.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s adminisitration degree in finance /CA/ CIMA/CFA and 5 years of progressive experience working in a manufacturing/project environment.
- Proficiency in HITACHI Energy internal tools like ABACUS, ATLAS and Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, BI).
- Detailed oriented, with a “hands on” approach to work
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Executive presence and exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency in SAP ECC, BIW or another equivalent ERP tool.
- Post graduate degree in finance and controlling.
- Controlling or Operations experience preferred.
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company