Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- Accountable for ITM* deployment to all factories in the Hub,
- Leads systematic implementation of lean tools (Toyota Production System) and six sigma methodologies to drive improvement in core metrics in the business (Operations and other functions as needed)
- Ensure sustainability of lean deployment.
- Represent and contribute to the development of ITM in the Business Unit. Support in preparing/upgrading ITM training materials.
- Facilitate, teach, coach kaizen teams bring about changes and improvements.
- Regular reporting to the Hub & BU on continuous improvement activities
- Analyses core metrics (eg, SQDIC KPIs) to overcome pain points and seek continuous improvement potential. Work across value stream and functions to deliver these improvements locally ad functionally.
- Regular reviews with Hub team, Hub operation managers and factories to continuously assess and chart the direction of improvement (via Strategy deployment)
- Train up pool of competent kaizen leaders and subject matter experts in the factories and functions.
- University degree: Bachelor in Engr (minimum). Good to have MSc/MBA equivalent,
- Background in transformers, automotive, industrial equipment and precision parts manufacturing
- Proven record in facilitating, leading kaizens and major improvement projects.
- Competent in lean tools (Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving, Std Work, Strategy deployment, Material Processes, 5S/Waste Observation, Daily Mgt, SMED, etc),
- Certified lean practitioner (MBB in L6S, Train-The-Trainer certification etc),
- Experienced in managing regional teams across different cultures.
- Fluent written and spoken English matched with excellent communication skills.
- Disciplined, systematic and with passion for Lean strategies and deployment. High personal integrity,
- Strong “results oriented, people centered, do what it takes, never give up” mindset.
(*) ITM (Integrated Transformers Manufacturing): a lean system inclined heavily towards “Toyota Production System” and some aspects of “Motorola’s 6 Sigma”
|Ort||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company