Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Seize this hybrid opportunity as a Project Manager for Grid Automation Systems with Hitachi Energy. With a proven track record in executing customer projects, you will both support and strengthen our team in Hitachi Energy within the area of Power Grid Automation. You will have access to our Staffordshire/West Midlands office.
Encompassing High & Medium Voltage substations, you’ll take ownership and accountability of the entire project representing Hitachi Energy's commercial, contractual interests and managing all stakeholder relationships both internally and externally.
This key role will enable you to plan and co-ordinate all project-related activities to a high-quality standard whilst applying best practice procedures, exceptional interpersonal skills and the dedication and commitment required in pursuit of excellence.
Hitachi Energy are thoroughly committed to continuously improving our performance and delivering outstanding technical and commercial solutions.
About the Role
- Implementing projects within the area of Substation Automation.
- Managing assigned projects from the initial handover from Sales to the successful completion of all on-site work.
- Coordinating an international project team and overseeing the efficient use of allocated resources.
- As the key point of contact, you will embrace an open and proactive approach to communication in your efforts to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Drawing on your business expertise, you will manage the customer contract and take full responsibility for all commercial and contractual aspects of the project.
- This position requires technical qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant business-related experience with a strong knowledge of fundamental power system design and operation.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of control & protection systems as well as an appreciation for IT systems; networking, virtualisation and cyber-security.
- In addition to your proven track record in project management, your credentials will include the ability to integrate into the wider Hitachi Energy team.
- Certifications in project management (IPMA, PMI, or equivalent) would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Works well within a team with both influence and leadership skills.
Hitachi Energy are pioneers in sustainable energy solutions and we place our people at the heart of our business to drive success and together we achieve our business goals.
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
|Position||Project | Program Management|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company