Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) is a product group in Hitachi Energy, which develops, manufactures, and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. It is also used to connect power systems. HVDC Service, based in Ludvika, Sweden, is now looking for a Line Manager to take on the role as the leader for the Hardware unit to support and develop the individuals and the group.
In this role, you will have personnel responsibility for a team of 15-20 professionals reporting directly to you. You will be tasked with ensuring that engineering teams are adequately resourced, developed, and equipped to meet business needs, as well as ensuring that the company's culture and values are reflected in all employee practices and policies. Your primary objective will be to motivate and engage your team and to support them to achieve their full potential, while ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations.
- HVDC services core is to lead and manage employee relations, development and engage relations to foster a sense of community among employees.
- Building and developing the team and the individuals in it by managing employee training and development initiatives
- Providing strategic direction, leadership, and coordination of the function and operational work together with technical specialists.
- Providing insight and managing priorities for the team while ensuring activities’ performance and quality goals are met during all project phases.
- Taking a proactive approach and actively participate in recruiting activities.
- Planning for project staffing and adjusting it according to business needs, as well as planning for both short-term and more strategic long-term changes in the team structure.
- Partnering with the management team to develop, improve, and implement strategic people management initiatives and ensuring processes are in place to capture and share best practices and operational experiences.
- Experience as a people manager, or other relevant leadership or management experience with personnel responsibility, is highly qualifying.
- Experience in technology, engineering, electrical design, hardware design, or similar is required (if you have worked with HVDC technology before it is a plus).
- Strong communication, social, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with employees and management.
- Clear in decision making and have the right inner drive to take on full responsibility for your scope and deliver on time in a dynamic environment.
- Fluency in Swedish and English is a must.
The role is based in Ludvika and requires frequent presence at our office, with flexibility of hybrid working.
If you are passionate about people and how groups work together, we encourage you to apply! Last day to send in your application is September 24th. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled in a shorter timeline.
Recruiting manager Mika Harju, [email protected] will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 29 86; Unionen: Fredrik Holmgren, +46 107-38 21 85; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12. Any other questions can be directed to Talent Acquisition Partner Nicole Bergman, [email protected]
|Ort||Ludvika, Dalarna County, Sweden|
|Position||Engineering & Science|