|Localização||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Tipo de emprego||Full-Time|
|Tipo de função||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Junior R&D Engineer to work in our lab location in Atlanta Georgia. This is an exciting opportunity to join our EV Charging Solutions team in North America. Under direction from our Principal Engineer, you will assist with the planning, coordination, performance of design, concepts and prototypes building, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Hitachi Energy E-mobility products and services. It is a position that requires being agile, flexible, and very hands-on. Experience in assembling prototypes and interest to create and perform testing procedures in start-up type of environment is very appreciated. Strong appetite to develop skills and knowledge in the E-mobility, starting in position that requires being opened to perform a large variety of tasks related to different disciplines. Collaborate in the development design, contribute to the assembly, and perform preliminary tests of units under evaluation and terminate with activities related to the testing and certification for compliance. Don’t hesitate to apply even if you feel you don’t fulfill all the requirements! Most important for this role is your personality and your willingness to learn and explore new areas. Good teamwork and collaboration skills are crucial to succeed in this role!
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Contributes to planning, developing, and coordinating of important engineering projects related to R&D.
- Provides specialized technical assistance, such as electrical and/or mechanical design and built, to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Assistance and leadership on the reception and procurement of parts, components, and equipment from partners and or external vendors.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and 2-3 years experience.
- Must have prior experience working in a lab running tests on electrical equipment.
- Candidate must have a minimum background or strong interest in R&D design, integration of prototypes and certification of systems related to the heavy-duty charging infrastructure. Candidate will be required to support in all different stages of a product development process.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Strong problem-solving skills: prioritize, identify root causes & take corrective actions.
- Experience with relevant certification agencies: UL/ULC, ETL, CSA, TUV, BRE, CNPP AFNOR, VDS.
- Strong interest for Engineering product development or design validation.
- Proactive team fostering behavior & passion to get on time results.
- Open to engage multidisciplinary teams to resolve problems.
- Ability to learn and utilize lab equipment and relevant software.
- A differentiation
- Experience with C/C++ or Phyton programming would be an advantage.
- Solidworks Electrical or AUTOCAD electrical
- HMI programming.
- Power Electronics Academic Background.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1