Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You shall leverage your extensive knowledge of modelling applied to Power Systems, Power Electronics and digital control techniques being responsible for the product development process of validated models representative of the Grid Edge Solution product portfolio. Working with the R&D senior management you shall participate in the definition and implementation the product modelling roadmap for Grid Edge Solution team, being supporting the model delivery and rollout of the models including in the deliver reduced grid impact studies for execution projects. As part of the R&D team you will have the opportunity to interact with Product Management, external consultants, and internal customers globally located. Responsible for the simulation models development, testing and validation. Responsible for documentation generation, version tracking and quality checks. Provides training and support of GES colleagues, customers, and consultants Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Master degree, preferred in either Electrical or Electronic Engineering, with focus on Power System stability and Power Electronics domain.
- A PhD in the area DER grid integration of with focus on control aspects would be a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in modelling and studying Power Systems and Power Electronics, using state of the art tools (Matlab Simulink, DIgSILENT Power Factory, PSCAD)
- Excellent knowledge of Power System, Power Electronics and Control system modelling tools (Matlab Simulink, DIgSILENT Power Factory, PSCAD).
- Experience in executing Grid Impact Studies is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python, PyTest and simulation automation techniques is a plus. Excellent communication in English is essential in our global organization Solid presentation skills and fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- High awareness for quality, process and tool in related area.
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and structured way of working.
- Able to operate in a highly motivated team environment.
- Availability to travel globally (20 - 30% of the time)
|Localização||Genova, Genova, Italy|
|Tipo de emprego||Full time|
|Função de trabalho||Engineering & Science|
|Data de publicação||2023-07-12|
|Número de referência||R0026669|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company