Substation distribution transformers have cover-mounted, primary and secondary bushings and can be provided with load tap changers (LTC). They are generally connected directly to overhead utility power lines.
Unit substation distribution transformers are generally close coupled to switchgear, motor control, bus duct, or another type of incoming and outgoing equipment.
Hitachi Energy's proven design offers excellent mechanical strength that has been proven through years of service and special testing. Hitachi Energy uses a low-frequency heating insulation drying process where the insulation is dried in its own tank and is never exposed to the atmosphere once it dries.
- Rated power: up to 10,000 kVA
- Rated voltage: up to 33 kV
- Cooling type: ONAN / ONAF
- Available fluids: mineral oil and ester fluids (natural and synthetic)
Why Hitachi Energy
- Hitachi Energy utilizes a focus factory concept which leads to a great experience in specific products giving a very high level of consistency in design, manufacture, and test
- Hitachi Energy has the biggest library of type-tested designs
- All Hitachi Energy distribution transformers factories utilize the common design platform giving us best-in-class experience, consistency, and repeatability
- Hitachi Energy has more distribution transformer factories than any other supplier, meaning we are always close to your project destination
- Hitachi Energy utilizes best-in-class manufacturing and quality processes to ensure that our transformers will meet the most stringent requirements
- Hitachi Energy has the widest portfolio of distribution transformer products meaning that our experience in providing solutions to challenging requirements is unrivaled
- Hitachi Energy leads the supply base in technological advancement with our Green-R-Trafo™ products