Gas-insulated high-voltage switchgear (GIS) is a compact metal encapsulated switchgear consisting of high-voltage components such as circuit-breakers and disconnectors, which can be safely operated in confined spaces. GIS is used where space is limited, for example, extensions, in city buildings, on roofs, on offshore platforms, industrial plants and hydropower plants. Hitachi Energy has always been and continues to drive innovation in GIS technology in ratings, operations, switching technology, smart control and supervision, and compactness. As a result, Hitachi Energy'sGIS offers outstanding reliability, operational safety and environmental compatibility. It provides a complete range of products for all ratings and applications from 72.5 kV to 1200 kV matching current and future requirements for modern switchgear.
Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS)
Complete portfolio for all applications and environments
- Power transmission
- Integration of renewable power generation units to the grid
Why Hitachi Energy?
- ABB is the pioneer in GIS technology with 50 years of proven experience
- Worldwide footprint and service network
- World leader through continuous research and development (R&D)
- Provider of highly reliable, smart, compact and economic solutions to complex switchgear applications
- Monitoring, control, protection and communication features for smooth integration into digital substation systems using IEC 61850
- Suitable for areas with high seismic activities due to low center of gravity