The update covers customized and pre- configured IEDs covering all application areas with the products REB/REC/RED/REG/REL/RER/RES and RET670. The Relion 670 series covers a complete set of applications from generator protection, transformer protection and control to busbar protection, line protection, phasor monitoring and bay control. With the introduction of version 2.2 of the 670 series, we further expand the application areas especially for digital substations, enhancing the system functionality and flexibility.
Key system features such as support for a large number of Ethernet communication ports, HSR redundancy method, and precision time synchronization following the IEC/IEEE 61850-9-3 profile are introduced in this release. Process bus sampled values via IEC/UCA 61850-9-2LE are now supported in all products of the Relion 670 series family.
The following new features and their benefits are included in this update:
- RER670 is now extended to support protection, control and monitoring for one or two railway catenary lines with a single IED. In addition to previously supporting applications for 2-phase transformers and 2 phase lines, the release now includes 1-phase and 2-phase distance protection for catenary lines.
- RER670 now includes extended monitoring functionality of delta quantities based on current/voltage/real numbers. Harmonic supervision (up to 5th order) of current and voltages helps to monitor the distortion in the power system.
- Improved fault locator accuracy for catenary lines in 2-phase AT system.
- Monitoring of transformer through faults and reporting functionality. This advanced monitoring functionality brings a key benefit to monitor mechanical stresses caused by through faults and thereby help take appropriate actions on maintenance of power transformers.
- LDCM galvanic X.21 module is now introduced in 670 series version 2.2 for remote communication for C37.94 protocol.