|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The High Voltage Service Group is looking for a Buyer (technical) to support its growth plan. The Buyer is responsible to acquire goods and services for the service operation and specifically for projects. The Buyer purchases materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. The Buyer ensures purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures of Hitachi Energy.
- Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends frame agreements to management and executes upon approval.
- Analyzes and evaluates bids in order to determine the optimal value.
- Supports bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Tracks goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing.
- Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues.
- Initiates purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, and confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP-SAP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conducts all Procurement & Logistics activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures global supplier relationship management platform is kept updated as defined in Pro-Supply procedure.
- Support Field Service, Project and Shop repair teams in their sourcing requirements.
- University degree in commerce (operation) or technical (preferred option; electro technical) with good field service or construction experience. Candidate with significant experience in procurement will be considered.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Procurement certification; an asset
- Good business acumen
- Good knowledge of SAP (Material Management) desired
- Good knowledge of the contractual, legal and commercial aspects
- Good technical knowledge in High Voltage and substation equipment and construction desired.
- Strong organization skills, proactive, result-oriented; Ability in managing several tasks; Flexibility, tact and diplomacy; Abilities to negotiate.
- Good communication skills in English and French
- Proficient with all computer tools
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com