|Location||Varennes, QC, Quebec, Canada|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
- Lead and manage various work teams: subcontractors, suppliers, and unionized employees to develop improvement solutions for current and future equipment.
- Prepare investment requests (Capex) and technical specifications.
- Organize calls for tenders.
- Coordinate compliance activities for the facilities/equipment.
- Responsible for assessing project risks, and making decisions on the viability of projects to meet deliverables, budgets, and costs.
- Contribute to the development of indicators to monitor the process stability.
- Ability to work in an environment with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Design parts and tools using CAD software (Inventor).
- Order parts for production and improvement project support.
- Participate in improving the quality of manufacturing processes to ensure that deadlines are met, and product quality is compliant.
- Collaborate with operators and maintenance personnel to complete improvement projects.
- Participate in machine modifications to increase the safety level of machines and/or processes.
- Generate narrative loops to transmit control logic.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or automated production with a mechanical or industrial engineering profile.
- Member of the OIQ
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing field.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Action and technical-oriented, global vision, leadership.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Proficiency with Autocad & Inventor software. Knowledge of machine safety (an asset).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Demonstrate leadership in the implementation of new improvement solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team and good communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com