|Location||Córdoba, , Spain|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
For our Planning and Fulfillment HUB EU we are looking for a highly motivated Material Planner to join our international team. Responsible of collect, analyze and standardize the forecast for Raw Material, among the different commodities used in the different factories that includes Power Transformers, DTR transformers and Insulation and Components and even some interaction with other HUB's in the world. Also support the Inventory forecast activities at the level of the HUB.
- Manages and reviews frequently critical and strategic materials with the different factories among the HUB EU. Promoting the proper routines to collect the information in the specific share point and ensures that this information is available for the category managers. Working individually with the factories is important to ensure the same knowledge of forecasting to track and increase the forecast reliability provided by the factories.
- KPI that administrate are: Forecast Accuracy and Forecast Routines Collection on time.
- To develop automatic collection through the unify system available (SAP).
- Knowledgeable in engineering changes that effect material requirements. Supports factories to Manage all relevant material master data for MRP run. Reviews and validates the MRP result.
- Based on the forecast results reviews sourcing constraints in terms of material availability. Creates and agree on forecasts of critical materials considering input from sales. Collaborates with category buyers in case of significant volume changes and shifts. Decides in alignment with category buyer on operational make or buy decisions on missing volumes.
- Communicates promptly escalations for potential shortages and support with proper reports and analysis the P&F Hub Manager to drive the global strategy.
- Segmentation and supply plan Define and revise stock level strategies. Segments the portfolio of materials through an ABC/XYZ analysis, product lifecycle management and commercial policy. Defines inventory policies according to this segmentation.
- Inventory parameters & forecasting Participates in the Sales & Operations Planning meetings and contributes to the process by creating inventory forecast for critical materials & suppliers .
- Reviews forecasts with suppliers in comparison with the Sales & Operations Plan, collect feasibility confirmations and provide input to the Sales & Operations Planning meetings. Contact the Category Managers in case of significant volume shift compared to the budget /supplier allocation plan.
- Promotes with the factories the maintenance in the planning systems and the ERPs the inventory parameters: safety stock, reorder point, and replenishment strategies. Update ERP according to the agreed & approved inventory policy.
- Collaboration Challenges price, incoterms, lot size, lead time, quality and provide input to Category Buyers. Collaborates for obtaining the best possible supplier performance.
- Ensures with the P&F HUB Manager the materials availability strategy with this synergy process in the factories: that includes to collaborates with Operations Buyers and CSS to align delivery of material with call offs and ensures that purchase requisitions can be converted on time into purchase orders and open orders followed-up. - Inventory controls Manages MRP (Materials Resource Planning) exception messages frequently. Supports cycle counting and/or yearend inventory counting. Conducts financial risk assessments decisions relating to inventory, conducts root case analysis when necessary. Inventory performance Analyses slow moving, excess & obsolete inventory, leftovers in WIP. Takes appropriate action for optimizing inventory level, in collaboration with sales, marketing, manufacturing and SCM. Analyzes component and product commonalities and discuss with engineering and product management and make proposals on combinations. Supplier Management Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues. Proposes improvement actions towards category managers on supplier flexibility or dual sourcing. Get involved in supplier inventory policy setup to optimize internal material flow.
- Project specific materials and data Manages new project specific material and data requests. Contacts the responsible category managers or factory SCM to request quotation on price, lead time and other terms and conditions.
- University Education (e.g. Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or other relevant discipline) with Degree or equivalent qualification
- 3 years of experience in the industrial/manufacturing sector in a similar role
- Fluent in english
- Experience with SAP HANA is a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com