|Location||Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
This amazing opportunity will be a key role to lead the execution of service projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi Energy policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. Responsible and accountable for delivery of the allocated projects from tendering through to final closure acting as CEO for that projects and main Client interface. Working with allocated field service team to ensure full delivery of project objectives to Client and Hitachi Energy.
- Project leadership Leads the project, establishing the project execution approach and monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project objectives and deliverables.
- Planning and scheduling
- Defines, jointly with Operations Manager, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
- Project execution and control Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and Hitachi Energy policies and procedures as well as those required by Client and Contract
- Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilisation. Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status and cost. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project. Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer including client feedback.
- Prepares and briefs field service team on project scope, objectives, timescales and costs.
- Contract, claims and procurement management Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with suppliers, and successfully procures any required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Stakeholder relations Acts as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE) Ensures the project follows and complies with Company health, safety, and environmental policies. Ensure all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and implications are managed effectively and efficiently throughout the project lifecycle, embrace and promote a Zero Harm safety culture within the project team. Prepares all site specific RAMS for project works by Service and manages RAMS from all our subcontractors
- ONC level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline – Electrical or Mechanical.
- Computer literacy – Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Recognised Health, Safety and Environmental qualification, IOSH, NEBOSH or similar.
- Knowledge of CDM.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of successful project delivery and management principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com