|Location||Remote, , France|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
We are looking for a passionate Bushing Engineer to join our Hitachi Energy team! In this role you will complement analytical skills, with detailed technical knowledge and hard facts. You will have the opportunity to take ownership, manage stakeholders, and shape your role, along with the problems we are solving at any one time. Our flexible work practices help you optimize personal and business performance while creating an environment where all employees can develop their skills and grow. NOTE: the position holder can be located at any of our locations in Europe. Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
- You are analytical: Analytical capacity for problem-solving, process design and product application.
- You engage others: Competence to work with marketing and engineering staff to understand solutions to meet customer needs. Ability to develop and implement cost-out projects. Interact with our Global Technical Center in new developments and R&D Projects.
- You are technical: Robust understanding of the IEEE & IEC Standards, as well as market requirements. Experience in construction techniques, configuration, and technology theory of finely graded condenser bushings as well as mechanical and structural components. Experienced in good bolting practices (ID threads, OD threads, torque values, etc.). Proficient in good sealing practices with a variety of sealing systems that utilize FKM, NBR and CR materials in differing shapes.
- You are an expert: Deep understanding of materials to include but not limited to porcelain, aluminum, both conductor grade and structural, brass, bronze, epoxy, glass, paper( other cellulose materials), epoxies and oils.
- You know simulation and design: Experienced with the use of PTC products to include Creo 4.0, Windchill, and mechanical simulations and proficient in mechanical design and drafting principles.
- You know manufacturing techniques: Understanding manufacturing techniques used to manufacture the components used in current condenser bushings, including but not limited to: metal casting (sand, permanent, and die), plastics thermoset and epoxy (poured, injected, cast), plastics injection molded, metal forming (cast, drawn, forged), porcelain (extruded or thrown).
- You are a supporter: Provide support to SCM in Cost Out initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, electromechanical or related field and 5 or more years of experience;
- Strong and seasoned electrical engineer with an understanding of electrical and power engineering theory.
- Work experience with epoxy and chemical processing as well as Pro-E or any 3D CAD modeling software, is highly desired
- Work experience with Windchill data management or any PLM software, is highly desired.
- Preferably some experience with developing electro-mechanical products (preferably with medium to high voltage power transformer bushings)
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com