|Location||Ludvika, Dalarnas County, Sweden|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The laboratories of Hitachi Energy High Voltage Products carry out development and type tests of switchgears and generator circuit breakers and other high voltage components. These tests comprise mechanical, climate, temperature rise, high voltage and high power. We are looking for a global head of Laboratories in our High Voltage Products Business Unit. In this role you will manage and develop HV Products Laboratories to be recognized as best-in-class with top professional, state-of-art operations and harmonized processes. You will ensure test operations are performed in efficient manner, satisfying increasingly demanding criteria for safety and performance and in accordance with all applicable Labs and industrial standards.
- Develop world-class technology skills in the laboratories by attracting, developing and retaining top talents, identifying appropriate training, knowledge development and career paths for the staff.
- Secure compliance with safety and testing standards and well as STL accreditation of Laboratories.
- Planning of manpower and operational resources for all the sites (Baden, Ludvika, Xiamen and Zurich). based on demand, testing portfolio and capabilities.
- Implement common administrative platform to allow a single harmonized process to deal with customer transaction and sales & operational planning
- Supervise operational activities to timely satisfy customer needs for development and product certification.
- Plan and execute investments and maintenance for facilities and equipment based on required technologies and demand from internal and external customers. Oversee financial planning and budgeting.
- Leadership and operational experience: ability to lead and develop world-class professional and drive continuous improvement
- Customer focus and ability to deal with conflicting situation.
- Experience and sensitivity on HSE aspects, in particular electrical safety.
- Technical know-how of testing of High Voltage products and lab related infrastructure.
- Experience of activities in STL accredited laboratories and STL network (PEHLA, SATS, ASTA, KEMA, JSTC, ...) membership is of advantage.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com