|Location||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
To comprehend customer requirements and support in framing the technical specifications. Deliver high quality product engineering solutions for quotation and order designs that are most precise while meeting business timelines and in fully compliant to customer specifications and assigned KPIs.
- Understand and clearly comprehend customer and project requirements at the quotation stage and also after project receipt.
- Responsible as a reference person from Engineering function during Tender, Order, Commissioning, and failure investigations.
- Ensure to implement engineering process enabling complex project order designs and documentation, keeping project cost in control, while fully aligning with customer specifications of HVAC and HVDC Converter Transformers.
- Perform design verification using engineering tools, standards, and customer requirements.
- Compiles, organize and archive documentation for assigned projects.
- Proactively identify risks and mitigate in solution concept stage in consultation with Manager.
- Align with manufacturing plan to deliver design specifications and create requirements in ERP.
- Actively Lead Design review meetings before finalizing detailed engineering solution.
- Knowledge of 2D/3D FEM applied to electrostatic/electromagnetic simulation is preferred.
- Working Experience with EHV insulation design, Dielectric and Magnetic simulation.
- Visit and lead discussions with customers for Design reviews, approvals & clarifications.
- Using latest technology and tools, optimize and adopt innovative design solutions employing best practices.
- Prepare/check manufacturing documents for Core-winding-active part 3D models, 2D drawings and Bill of material in ERP.
- Plan and monitor assigned projects consistently achieving related KPIs.
- Collaborate and support Test room with high voltage testing methods, analysis of test results and transformer failure analysis.
- Support services for Erection, Commissioning and site related technical matters.
- Possess knowledge of Indian and International Standards & Codes – IEC, IEEE, BIS, DIN, ISO for High voltage Electrical Equipment such as power transformers and shunt reactors.
- BE / BTech (Electrical) / M.E / MTech. / M.S. (High Voltage or Power System or Electrical Machines.) with 7 years or more industry experience in Electrical designing of HVDC Converter Transformers, Power Transformers and Shunt Reactors (preferably 400kV and 800kV product range).
- Overall understanding and domain expertise in HVDC Transformers would be preferred.
- Preferred to have knowledge and exposure to 2-D and 3-D CAD software packages like Creo / MagNet or similar.
- Should have the interest and ability to work with cross competence topics.
- Experience of working on optimization and cost saving projects utilizing alternative materials, processes, and solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (both written and spoken).
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com #LI-SEA1