|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The Cloud Services Senior DevOps Engineer objective is to ensure the availability and functionality of Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software Applications for Clients, Global Account Teams and Support Teams to facilitate the effective delivery of service through: Ongoing support and maintenance of applications related resources on the Clients behalf. Ensuring that the applications, as managed on the Clients behalf, are working as designed and taking proactive measures to ensure any defects raised which are deemed appropriate by management are resolved. Primarily the focus of the role is to ensure customer service for Applications related Incidents and Service Request as they relate to Hitachi Energy contractual obligations with a key objective of the reduction of incidents raised, for Application instances managed on the Clients behalf. The position will operate in accordance with Cloud Services global guidelines, policies and process as defined by the Cloud Services global centres of service excellence. The Hitachi Energy Cloud Services mission is to deliver a superior quality of services of Hitachi Energy solution in mission critical systems of our essential industry customers.
- Ensure the availability of managed Applications for use with regular customer and operational KPI adherence reviews as defined by the Cloud Services business.
- Provide ad hoc formal reporting for both internal and external audiences as required.
- Act as a key technical contact for customers and ability to manage customers and deliver to the contractual service level agreement.
- Review complex issues and determine action plans relating to managed Applications services
- Take ownership of Incidents and Service Requests within the managed group
- Perform all work assigned is performed in accordance with client SLAs and Cloud Services management priorities.
- Take part in an on call roster and shift work to provide Level 2 support for managed Applications
- Manage application security framework and environmental configuration at an application layer.
- Act as the point of technical escalation for all significant application issues.
- Perform fault analysis and application log debugging to resolve complex issues.
- Perform Application monitoring and management tasks e.g. system monitoring, error detection scripts and procedures, database optimization and background job scheduling.
- Perform Application performance tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Ensure adherence to change management control procedures by gaining approval from the process management steering committee prior to implementation.
- Mentor team members that are junior and provide training as necessary to advance the level of skills within the team.
- Perform evaluation for root cause of Incidents and instigate actions to correct both the Incident and the underlying cause.
- Perform maintenance activities within an agreed life cycle for allocated resources maintenance including adherence to agreed design, implementation, testing and documentation standards.
- Proactively propose and implement improvement solutions to common problems.
- Adapt Cloud Services solutions to meet bespoke customer requirements as part of a Transition team.
- Maintain the documentation and processes of managed Applications Services for administration and support.
- Contribute to documentation relating to Cloud Services Account Management processes as impacted by managed Applications Services changes and development.
- Comply with existing Hitachi Energy Change Management procedures internally and provide where required management of external customer change management procedures as they apply to services performed. At a administrator level this will include performing and proposal of formally documented changes.
- Ensure all activities are in line with the Cloud Services business direction for Globalisation and consistency between operational groups as defined by Cloud Services Management.
- Participate in the training plan arranged by the Administration Team Leader. Demonstrate self-motivation in managing self-training initiatives (self-study, use of sandpit environments, industry forum membership and participation etc)
- Build business relationships with customer stakeholders and develop a positive reputation for Hitachi Energy.
- Maintain currency of technical knowledge of Applications technology, support tools and techniques.
- Undertake other tasks as directed by Management.
- Experience in technical service delivery, including strong understanding of more than 5 years’ experience in an IT Service Delivery Role
- Understanding of the ITIL framework, experience working in a mature change management process environment.
- Experienced in information technology service delivery
- Basic understanding of IT architecture, both infrastructure and application.
- Results driven orientation
- Committed to excellence in Customer Service
- Experience in technical systems administration as it relates to application administration and services offered including
- 1-3 years’ experience in supporting and/or administrating specialist mining applications in a medium to large enterprise environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server Operating System or Unix system administration.
- Excellent knowledge of Database fundamentals (SQL, Oracle)
- Excellent knowledge in scripting (PowerShell, Batch, Shell tec)
- Excellent knowledge with enterprise monitoring system (OpenNMS, Prometheus)
- Good understanding of container (Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of Enterprise Application Architecture and Distributed Applications Architecture both on-premise and Cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Capacity to work with formal support documentation (user requirements, functional design, technical specifications, user guide, etc)
- Strong statistical analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including
- Ability to understand technical problems and capable of clearly explaining the problem and solution to non-technical staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under stress and external pressure
- Time Management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan activities and deliver to timelines.
- Ability to work under situations of time criticality
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com