|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Provide technical support within the Cloud Operations Network team to ensure network performance and security meets the SLAs of our customers and internal standards. Implement the networks that provide communications between PGES computer environments, our customers and 3rd parties as required.
- Ensure the availability of Network Communication resources for use with regular customer and operational KPI adherence reviews as defined by the Cloud Operations business.
- Provide ad hoc formal reporting for both internal and external audiences as required.
- Resolve Incidents and complete Service Requests within the Network Communications group
- Perform all work assigned is performed in accordance with client SLAs and Cloud Operations management priorities.
- Provide guidance to Cloud Operations teams & management as required, enabling the planning, development and implementation of secure systems and environments.
- Liaise with ABB IS Security Operations to ensure global recommendations are implemented where relevant.
- Liaise with IT Security Operations on Vulnerability Management detections, recommendations and remediations.
- Maintain awareness of cyber-security advisories (particularly from Australian and US government agencies) and relay internally as required
- Participate in the auditing and reporting on both Cloud Operations and Customer environments as required.
- Participate in the execution of the Security Incident Response Plan for Cloud Operations in response to a cyber-security threat or event.
- Implement complex security technologies and maintain network stability for business operation e.g. firewall configuration and installation, VPN configuration
- Perform network fault analysis and network debugging to resolve complex issues
- Perform network monitoring and management tasks e.g. firewall performance monitoring, network utilization monitoring
- Ensure adherence to change management control procedures by gaining approval from the process management steering committee prior to implementation.
- Participate within an On-Call roster. Occasional weekend and after-hours work or shifts will also be required.
- The successful candidate for this position will bring 5+ years' experience as a Network Engineer in a large, enterprise-scale organisation.
- They will have strong experience in in the implementation and support of secure communications for both Infrastructure and Software.
- Specifically, they will have an proven, commercial experience in the following concepts and technologies: Checkpoint (Firewalls and VPNs), Cisco (Nexus, ASA, IOS),Network protocols and concepts (EIGRP, BGP, Routing, NSG’s, Load-Balancing, IPSEC and DNS and more)
- In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidate whose skills will accelerate the digital transformation of our software products, and the customers we support. Experience in the following will help you stand out for this position:
- PaaS and IaaS implementation and support experience within Azure or AWS Cloud platforms.
- Experience automating Azure network configurations via Powershell
- Experience using the PERL scripting language.
- Solid understanding of Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with Libreswan (VPN) and OPNsense / PFNSense (Firewall) open source software.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com