|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Technical project lead in the area of steel structures and provide support during all the project phases starting from sales to design and production of the steel structures until the completion of site installation.
- Handling the engineering activities of the internal engineering team in Brno (Czech Republic) and Chennai (India), as well with external steel suppliers.
- Technically responsible for project execution in compliance with the applicable codes and standards and to achieve targets related to costs, deadlines and materials.
- Work in close cooperation with supply chain in Saudi Arabia for technical offer closure and material ordering.
- Support the I&C team (remotely) as and when needed for smooth site installation.
- Leading technical meetings, providing advice and finding out solutions with sales, project engineering and customers.
- Interface from our GIS (Gas Insulated Switchgear) project engineering to scaffold engineering.
- Overall responsible for the building interface , steel structures, openings, GIS with focus on design and construction details.
- Develop templates, improve the checklist, reduce manhour cost with optimized design solutions.
- Bachelor’s or Master in Civil Engineering.
- Should have 8-10 years of experience.
- Must have experience in industrial steel structures.
- Should have experience in structural analysis program knowledge (e.g. STAAD Pro or SCIA Engineer)
- Should have knowledge on Auto CAD (3D and 2D) and Euro Codes, AISC and Building codes desirable
- Experience with SAP is beneficial.
- Previous GIS knowledge is advantageous.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com