|Location||Milano, Milan, Italy|
|Type of role||Internship|
This internship is an opportunity to write your thesis in collaboration with our company. You will have the chance to deepen your knowledge regarding the support functionalities of a Power Conversion System (PCS).
- Support in the preparation of application notes for newly validated functionalities;
- Study of the technical product documentation for the PCS software and firmware;
- Study of the Grid Following and Grid Forming control modes of a PCS;
- Study of typical support functions required for grid-code compliance, focusing on ongoing project installations, and customer required services;
- Learn how to validate the desired PCS response with power system simulation tools like PSCAD, with a python-implemented test automation;
- Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Graduating student in Electrical Engineering;
- Good knowledge of Basic MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-Point);
- Fluency in Italian and good knowledge of English (B1/B2);
- Proactivity, good attention to detail and strong communication skills are required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com