|Location||Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trend in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose. You will have the responsibility for generating revenue by selling Hitachi Energy’s ETRM software solutions and associated services directly to prospective clients. You will oversee devising direct sales strategies and plans to deliver revenue growth. This ETRM Sales Executive role will report directly to the ETRM APAC Sales Leader. Also oversee proactively developing the sales pipeline and drive these to fruition. To be successful in this role, you will need a strong grasp of the commodity trading of Power, Natural Gas, Renewables and LNG in the Asia-Pacific region. Experience in Crude and Refined Products, Coal, and Emissions trading will be a plus. You need to understand the trade life cycle from Front Office, Middle Office Risk Management, Back Office, and Logistics. You also need to understand the overall market developments in various countries and target companies. You must demonstrate a high-level understanding of business processes and integration solutions in ETRM industry. You will also need to work with the pre-sales team and subject matter experts to prepare and submit documents such as RFI/ RFQ/ RFP. In developing the pipeline and scoping sales opportunities, you need to be able to visualize the technical requirements communicated by various departments of a prospective client, and to be able to synthesize these into proposed solutions which the client will find compelling. You must be able to understand the implicit and explicit requirements and navigate these from a techno-commercial perspective. This is a Japan-based role, but with an opportunity to cover additional APAC regions.
- You will develop sales plans, strategies, and presentations designed to deliver revenue growth aligned with the ETRM APAC Sales Leader plan and strategy
- You will perform sales activities to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- You need to meet new account sales quotas for products and services by closing recognizable contracts.
- Call on existing and prospective customers to identify opportunities and solicit orders.
- You need to analyze customers' needs and recommend solution that best meets the customers' requirements.
- You will work independently to develop the sales pipeline.
- Remain knowledgeable of organization's products/services to facilitate sales efforts.
- You will compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on industry information sources.
- You will work with marketing and APAC ETRM Sales Lead to develop visibility to prospective clients.
- You will enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) database.
- You will promptly follow up marketing leads and other customer-based actions.
- You will work with global technical resources to produce the most compelling and concise proposal response.
- You will quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Business/Economics and Information Systems.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in energy or related industry experience in Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) solutions, with knowledge of the industry landscape, prospective clients, and business network.
- Excellent Japanese and English language skills. Knowledge of another Asian language(s) is advantageous.
- Strategic Business Acumen, and resilience in sales pursuits.
- Prior sales/work experience with prominent ETRM vendors.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, relationship-building, and organizational skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed, and dynamic environment.
- Business networks and clients contacts in the Asia-Pacific region is a plus.
- Willingness to travel when required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Parental leave