|Location||San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
- Hitachi Energy is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Project Engineer for Grid Integration Business Unit. The Grid Integration business is experiencing tremendous growth in EV charging systems, high voltage direct current projects, power consulting, power quality solutions, semiconductors, and many other exciting offerings in North America.
- Your main task will be working with the Electro-Mechanical or primary/physical design for our Grid Integration, supporting both tenders and projects.
- Preparation of HV/MV Substation Layout (Yard Arrangement – Layout & Plan, Electrical HV / EHV Clearance Check).
- Preparation of Substation Control Building Layout (Electrical Cubicles, Thyristors, Pump skid Arrangement).
- Preparation of Cable Trench & Conduit Layout.
- Preparation of Grounding & Lightning Protection Calculations and Layouts.
- Preparation of Busbar system data, Ampacity, cantilever & Magnetic Field Calculations.
- 3D Modeling of plant in Revit.
- Collaborate with colleagues both locally and globally and close coordination with multiple disciplines (System Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering).
- Technical review and discussion with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
- Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain
- In-Depth Knowledge of National Electric Code and ANSI/IEEE requirements
- Experience in plant design especially with High Voltage Projects
- Experience with BIM / Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC)
- Experience in Revit; 3D Modeling
- Willingness to travel as needed
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com