|Location||South Boston, Virginia, USA|
|Type of role||Manufacturing/Production Workers|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Manufacturing Associate for its South Boston, VA location. This role is responsible for performing duties in a manner fully compliant with prevailing safety and quality procedures and policies and maintaining housekeeping standards.
- Assemble product ensuring the highest quality to meet customer requirements and delivery.
- Assembly tasks include, but not limited to:
- Core Coil Assembly
- HV & LV Connection or Assembly 1
- Network Tanking & Switch Assembly
- LFH/Process Unit
- Final & Shipping
- Follow established work instructions in a customized manufacturing environment. Very hands on process.
- Use computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs, etc.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, check sheets, etc.
- Operate various types of cranes and fork trucks to aid in material handling.
- Continually monitor quality of work, addressing and resolving inquiries and problems.
- Participate in continuous improvements initiatives.
- Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
- Interface with other departments to accurately communicate information.
- Must be willing to cross train in multiple skills.
- Assist in the training of other employees.
- Must be a team player but able to work independently.
- Available to work overtime as required including weekends.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by management.
- High School degree or GED equivalent required.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Previous manufacturing, welding, mechanical assembly or electrical experience is desirable.
- Transformer assembly experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to operate industrial equipment, including cranes and forklifts.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and simple schematics.
- Previous manufacturing, welding or electrical experience is desirable.
- Experience in lean manufacturing including 4Q, JIDOKA, 6S, etc.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1