|Location||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Contract manager with opportunity to work remote. In this role you will support Power Grid integration (PGGI) projects in the North America Region. With analytical, hands-on and autonomous approach, you contribute to the successful performance of Contract Management. You are a reliable partner, when it comes to the preparation of contracts, contract administration and project execution. You will be ensuring contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed protecting PGGI’s interests throughout project(s) lifecycle, especially in regards to, but not limited, to terms and conditions review and negotiation, main risks and opportunities identification and management, variations claim strategy and contract closure; leading, developing and supporting also major strategic variations and claims in full coordination with project teams, Legal and Contract Management, always in accordance with relevant PG directives, processes and the PGGI Contract Management Instruction.
- Ensure the portfolio of contracts (Owner/Customer, Consortium and Major Subcontracts) in the business, and follow contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with the PGGI Contract Management Instruction.
- Review and comment on commercial and technical tender terms and requirements, and the overall execution strategy taking into account risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Participate and support PGGI throughout contract life cycle: proposal, formation, administration, and closeout.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts (i.e. claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- Managing claims, developing claim strategies, preparing notifications/correspondence and related documentation (amendments, change orders, and other contract related documents).
- Enforce and defend PGGI's contractual interests throughout the project’s lifecycle, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations in accordance with contract requirements and the PGGI Contract Management Instruction.
- In cooperation with Legal, develop negotiation strategies, support negotiations, and handle formal dispute resolution (mediation, litigation, arbitration, or others). Notify and liaise with Legal to report major claims and keep them updated on any critical developments during project execution.
- Preparation of risks and opportunities analysis/presentations, kick-off meetings, strategy papers, definition of overall project claim strategies, etc.
- Leading contract and claims negotiations and settlements together with project management and Legal where appropriate.
- General advice and support to project management, site management, procurement/supply department and other project team members in the execution of customer contracts, consortium agreements, subcontracts/supply contracts to secure PGGI’s contractual rights and entitlements.
- Working with Legal and Supply Chain/Subcontracts to define customer contract flow downs to subcontracts, supply contracts and consortium agreements.
- Support and participation in weekly and monthly project status meetings with project team, customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Coaching project team members in commercial awareness, contract and claims management topics.
- Maintaining claims logs and preparing monthly reporting on overall additional costs and claim status for sites under execution.
- The company will not consider any applicant based in Colorado and this job may not be performed from Colorado.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years or more experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, offshore/onshore wind, transmission, or similar industrial plant Contract Management functions (w/ emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Juris Doctor / law degree beneficial, but not required.
- Solid experience in change request preparation, commercial correspondence, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Ability to interface with the customer and subcontractors regarding all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Commercial acumen, skilled negotiator with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail. Highly professional and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Results oriented. Able to work cooperatively across all levels delivering on commitments.
- Ability to work within internationally staffed teams and with international contractual partners.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Willingness to potentially work at or visit project sites.
- High degree of inter-cultural sensitivity and integrity.
- Systematic and structured work style.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and negotiate in English.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1