|Location||San Jose, California, USA|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi energy is seeking an Senior Systems Engineer for its San Jose, CA location. This role is responsible for designing, Implementing, and maintaining the Energy Market Management systems and environments. The System Engineering team leads the provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, security and operations of both hardware and software of the market system environments. This position requires strong problem solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to provide technical leadership for the system support and development team. Hitachi Energy is looking for a system engineer who can inspire and enable our team to push the limits of what is thought possible and collaborate with our customers to envision and deliver new ways to tackle the increasing challenges of their operational environment.
- OS Setup - Different versions of Linux/Unix for several projects.
- High Availability Setup - Including RedHat GFS and other cluster file system.
- Define and follow advanced Cyber Security controls and processes.
- Performance Tuning.
- Monitor and Maintain infrastructure.
- Be available on-call to help resolve any critical issues.
- Will need to work with Client System Admins to resolve any Infrastructure issues.
- Design, develop, and maintain infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Linux/Unix Application Troubleshooting.
- Help Application Engineers debug issues.
- Design, Implement and maintain CI/CD tools and processes.
- Monitor and Maintain integration and delivery infrastructure.
- Will need to work with Client to resolve any delivery, release issues.
- Document all processes and setup in detail.
- Must be willing to travel for short periods of time to visit or support customers around the world.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 8 years of experience in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or related field or PhD with minimum 5years of experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Linux administration in virtualized environments (both Hyper-V and ESX).
- Experience with administration of different Unix flavors is a plus.
- Experience with Linux Shells.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux services.
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet and Chef.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, Wireshark, etc.
- Strong understanding for SELinux.
- Experience with Perl, C, Bash and other scripting languages.
- Ability to engage with customer and resolve any issues.
- Technical writing to document the setup and troubleshooting processes.
- Expertise with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, GIT, Azure DevOps.
- Strong grasp on configuration management and release tools.
- Experience with Cyber Security tools a plus.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance