|Location||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Digital Sales Consultant. This role is responsible for developing and driving the Sales organization’s knowledge and focus on the Grid Automation offering. Analyze the market and define the best opportunities for success to drive growth and expansion. Engage and closely collaborate with sales leaders and account managers to ensure proactive pursuit of identified opportunities and provide consultancy throughout the sales process. Educate the Sales team on the “what” and “how” of bringing our digital and grid automation products and solutions to the market. Determine steps for covering specific areas (Geography, Vertical or Product) of the US Market and more effectively provide Customers with a unique critical perspective on improving their business by utilizing the Hitachi Energy’s digital and grid automation portfolio.
- Develop a growth strategy for the Hitachi Energy’s Grid Automation offerings inclusive of customer insights for approach and solutions and engagement of the Hitachi Energy Sales team.
- Analyze and synthesize data, recommend and execute courses of action. Create and drive specific growth initiatives. Identify and work proactively with the Sales team to drive change in how market opportunities are pursued.
- Drive activity with the Hitachi Energy US Sales team to prospect opportunities in the C&I market verticals that align with PGGA portfolio. Activity to be focused on named accounts as well as new accounts within defined C&I targeted verticals which will lead to increased pipeline development. Align the Hitachi Energy Sales team with the PGGA Product Group teams to support the sell throughout the process.
- Coordinate flow of information for sales activities through the Hitachi Energy US Sales leadership. Educate, building champions in the organization and grid automation competence throughout sales leaders, account managers and manufacturing representatives as appropriate.
- Support the development of strong relationships with key customers. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Identify all existing and new strategic segments, customers and business opportunities based on analysis, defining strategy/business plans for each, and coordinating the relevant teams.
- Bachelor degree and a minimum of 8+ years of experience (or Associate degree with 10 years or Masters with 6) OR Bachelor degree and a minimum of 12+ years of experience (or Associate degree with 12 years or Masters with 10).
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Proven experience in dealing effectively on commercial topics and effective customer communications.
- Strong technical experience with grid automation technology required
- Successful commercial experience including external customer-facing sales, preferably in digital products and services, SmartGrid technology.
- Process thinker with past experience in building and executing growth initiatives through step-by-step planning leading to achievement
- Initiator of change by challenging the status quo, driving success through behavioral change
- “For Colorado Residents and Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $88,200 - $132,400"
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program