|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina, USA|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Sales Engineer - Data Center Sales. This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important Data Center customers. Assigned to one or more accounts, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score. The Account Manager represents the entire range of products, systems and services Hitachi Energy offers to a certain account. The Account Manager will lead the account planning cycle and ensure their needs and expectations are met by the company
- Account Strategies: Participates in the development of sales strategies for account by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans
- Sales Targets: Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow-up process. Manages / achieves both overall & business unit specific sales targets, account coverage, & customer satisfaction targets for the account; takes accountability for the monthly, quarterly, & annual results on the overall account or the specifically assigned product lines (per the direction of the Sales Manager).
- Account Plan/Account management: Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer Relations: Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Manages meaningful customer engagements with support from lines of business; acts as focal point for problem resolution while monitoring the successful close out of issues & actions; and demonstrates ability to build lasting, trusting, & widespread relationships across the customer’s organization.
- Market Activity: Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Portfolio Management: Promotes frame agreements with customers to simplify the business process; represents / promotes products, systems, & services across all divisions, business units, & factories represented by the Account Manager; and demonstrate ability to combine discrete products & services into a comprehensive solution.
- Customer Insight: Develops / maintains detailed understanding of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, & organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, & competition); and provides insight to customers by providing knowledge to guide customers as they navigate alternatives.
- Industry & Market Knowledge: Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintain awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated & implemented (including, but not limited to, technical & commercial feedback in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s ethics & compliance guidelines).
- Customer & Strategy Teamwork: Participates with sales management, co-workers, & business unit leadership to develop & execute account plans; delivers new insights and connects experts to the customer while respectfully challenging the status quo; actively engages in critical project touch points, anticipate the need for intervention & escalation, and take action to initiate such communication.
- Marketing:Coordinates the use of internal and/or external resources to introduce meaningful concepts & solutions for the customer; this may include trade show / exposition attendance, Account Manager-initiated customer entertainment activities, executive round tables, and/or organizing more technology-specific events for your customers.
- Administration: Enters & maintains relevant sales data into appropriate databases & systems, including pipeline management, expenses, reports, and ad-hoc requests for marketing input.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree and PM Certification, a minimum of 5 years
- This position requires the ability to develop sales strategies with businesses, provide insight to customers by navigating opt& alternatives, and coordinate activities involving multiple functions across a variety of businesses.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required to determine, evaluate, and report reasons for success or failure of sales efforts, anticipate market changes, and forecast / communicate changes in customers' buying patterns & product requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while remaining organized & strategic to carry out the sales account plans.
- Successful candidate must have an understanding of customer and company’s organizational structure, as well as strong business acumen / sense to determine when escalation is required.
- Anticipates roadblocks and alerts internal & external stakeholders appropriately.
- Degrees in Engineering, Project Management, Sales and/or Marketing are preferred. However, other disciplines will be considered with proven technical selling aptitude.
- Experience is preferred in sales or business development working with clients in the Data Center market.
- Working knowledge of power and distribution products and designs
- Working knowledge of substation systems, studies and applications
- Working knowledge of Data Center power grid applications
- Working knowledge of Microgrid applications
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer facing role (i.e. account management, application engineering, product management, business development)
- Minimum of 5 years selling: DTR, Dry, PTR, GIS, HV
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate technical details clearly
- Solid organizational skills
- Travel 10-25% of the time
- Working knowledge of SFDC, Microsoft Xcel and PowerPoint
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1