|Location||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi energy is seeking an Renewable Energy Nodal - Sr. Advisory Consultant for its Atlanta, GA. Seeking consultants with expertise in renewable energy development and evaluation processes with the ability to stay abreast with the ever-changing and complex energy, capacity, and reserve market rules, transmission infrastrutcure developments renewable energy mandates etc. in all ISO’s and non-ISO markets in US. Ideal candidate would also have prior experience with PROMOD simulation model software product for markets.Support Hitachi Energy’s Energy Market Advisors (EMA) marketing activities by providing thought leadership in energy markets through Energy Market Intelligence workshops, industry conference presentations and panel moderations, webinar series, and whitepaper publications
- Lead consulting assignments of very high complexity. Contribute to the creation of the business strategy in consulting area and ensure implementation. Conduct market studies to identify opportunities for new and repeat business for Hitachi Energy’s products and services.
- Enhancing Hitachi Energy’s strategic consulting capabilities with the renewable developer community with best practice consulting advice
- Establishing client contacts at the senior level (e.g., Managing or Technical Director), works with customers at a strategic level and coaches them.
- Providing insight to Hitachi Energy product managers for software tool improvements and roadmaps for client use in best practices and valuable reports
- Modeling renewable assets, energy storage, hybrid and/or co-located resources
- Prepare results and reports for external clients and be able to present the findings of studies to clients to their satisfaction.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors’, Masters’ or PHD
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in modeling with renewable asset and battery storage
- Knowledge of power regions and ISOs/RTOs – PJM, MISO, NYISO, ERCOT, SPP, CAISO or ISO-NE
- Experience developing long term price projections for energy, capacity, renewable energy credit (REC) and ancillary services.
- Analyzing and presenting a coherent narrative around regional power market trends
- Ability to manage large data sets
- Python Experience (Preferred)
- Experience with production cost modeling using PROMOD
- Experience in using PSS/E and/or TARA, for load flow analyses and contingency studies (preferred)
- Proven extensive experience identifying and managing project issues and risks, including mitigation strategies and plans. Ideal candidate would also be an expert in one or more Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) simulation model software products for markets or portfolio optimization, such as:
- Production Cost Modelling (Zonal and/or Nodal)
- Integrated resource planning
- Long-term electricity price forecasting
- Simulation Ready Data
- Capacity Expansion
- Asset Valuation
- Gas Price Forecasting
- Stochastic analysis
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance