|Location||South Boston, Virginia, USA|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Drafting Specialist for its South Boston, VA location. This role is responsible to assist engineering teams in preparing drawings of medium and high complexity using CAD (Computer Aided Design) system. Provides technical assistance to other colleagues in the team.
- Technical contribution: Prepares engineering drawings in collaboration with engineering specialists using CAD system.
- Planning and control: Follows the work schedule for one’s area of responsibility. Delivers on agreed timeline, cost estimate and set quality standards.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Provides relevant information pertaining to drafting assignment to engineering team. Provides coaching and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Processes and tools: Ensures accurate application and implementation of standard processes and tools in preparing accurate drawings.
- 2 year technical degree required and a minimum 2 years of relevant experience. 3D modeling.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- E/S - E Individual contributor using prior theoretical learning or knowledge of methods and technologies to execute work assignments using established solutions. Will be building knowledge of related disciplines in the organization. May work under direct supervision or independently. May instruct or coach junior colleagues.
- Previous experience with Creo preferred, but experience with other systems such as Solidworks and Inventor acceptable.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan