|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina, USA|
|Type of role||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Project Engineer - Electro-Mechanical PQS for it's Raleigh, NC location. The Grid Integration business is experiencing tremendous growth in EV charging systems, high voltage direct current projects, power consulting, power quality solutions, semiconductors, and many other exciting offerings in North America.
- Your main task will be working with the Electro-Mechanical or primary/physical design for our Power Quality Solutions, supporting both tenders and projects.
- Develop base and detailed design documents and drawings based on customer requirements, as well as local and global standards for station & building layouts, cable trench & conduit layout, grounding & lightning protection layouts, along with necessary calculations to support. 3D Modeling of plant in Revit.
- Collaborate with colleagues both locally and globally and close coordination with multiple disciplines (System Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering).
- Technical review and discussion with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain.
- In-Depth Knowledge of National Electric Code and ANSI/IEEE requirements.
- Experience in plant design especially with High Voltage Projects.
- Experience with BIM / Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC).
- Experience in Revit; 3D Modeling.
- Willingness to travel as needed, ~20%.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance