|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina, USA|
|Type of role||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking for a System Verification Center Lead - NAM for it's Raleigh, NC location. This role is responsible for the safe operation, improvements, troubleshooting and maintenance of the System Verification Center. He/her will coordinate the operations and will perform and support the other teams in the solutions tests and validations. The System Verification Center Leader will be responsible of the instrumentation safe operation, calibration, improvement, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Delivery: The System Verification Center Leader will be responsible of the safe operation, improvements, troubleshooting and maintenance of the System Verification Center and of the instrumentation and tools required to validate the engineering solutions. The System Verification Center Leader will interpret component and systems specifications, manuals, electrical drawings, and will deliver product requirement specifications, guidelines, and application notes related the System Verification Center, the instrumentation, the test performed in the SVC and the related results.
- Sales Bidding: Will work with the Regional Tender Specialist and will be responsible for providing practical & applicable test solutions for the client.
- Procurement: working closely with strategic procurement to ascertain proper and technologically viable procurement of equipment, parts, instruments and tools related the SVC and the test to be performed.
- Health, safety and environment: Maintains compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Excellence: Drives application and development of best practice across the entire value chain to promote a culture of excellence in operational performance. Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within the GES CoEE teams. Works closely with Solution Owners, Engineering Specialists, other GES organizations, and sub suppliers to optimize and improve overall solutions.
- People leadership and development: Leverages support from Regional Tender Specialists, Engineering Specialist, the Hubs’ delivery/execution teams and INOPC Support to develop specification of systems and solutions to meet customer needs. Motivates and trains the other technical specialists.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with specific technical expertise in Power Conversion Systems and battery technologies for storage applications.
- Having good knowledge about different battery technologies with knowledge about the certification and safety requirements of batteries.
- Having good knowledge about Power Conversion Systems with knowledge about the certification and safety requirements of PCS.
- Good understanding of automation and control integration requirements of batteries and PCS.
- Good understanding on electrical protection, measurement instruments, safety approaches.
- Detailed know how of standards related the test of equipment and local safety regulations.
- Knowledge of the global power market.
- Strong Technical and Management background, preferably in the power engineering or energy industry.
- Pragmatic, focused on achieving results, at the same time giving necessary attention to detail to ensure consistent, correct, timely completion or risk review process.
- Problem solving, open minded, resolute, open to discussion.
- Comfortable to work in a very dynamic delivery environment in a challenging market.
- Connecting with other people easily, focus on “getting the job done and done right”, teamwork, leadership, negotiation skills.
- English language (fluent) is a must.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance