Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- Act as supply chain management (SCM) interface and SCM representative for different new product development R&D project teams;
- Support the project teams by managing and executing the procurement process for ordering prototype parts. This process includes prototype supplier selection, technical evaluation of supplier offers, technical discussions with suppliers, and ensuring parts are delivered according to project schedule;
- Work closely with local prototype suppliers to make sure prototype parts are delivered timely and according to the correct quality and requirements;
- Support the project team by assuming responsibility for all SCM-related project milestones. This includes material availability for prototype development tests, maintenance of project material cost information, management of Production part approval process (PPAP) activities together with the feeder factories, maintenance of SCM related documentation;
- Manage local storage and logistics and forecast of prototype material;
- Collaborate with global and regional category managers and technical SCM for interrupters;
- Collaborate with factory organizations to leverage qualified supplier base for prototype material procurement;
- Technical Support to local SCM organization;
- Initiate and drive improvement activities.
- Degree in mechanical or materials engineering;
- Work Experience >5 years, preferably in new product development, experience in switchgear/electrical transmission industry or relevant industry is an advantage;
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supplier network for as casting, machining, forging, welding, surface treatment;
- Familiar with SAP and other ERP systems - advantage. Fluency in English; Basic experience of processes like Lean Six Sigma, PPAP;
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment; Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal team and suppliers;
- Willingness to travel to visit local suppliers, accompany prototype goods inspection and assembly.
|Location||Sevlievo, Gabrovo, Bulgaria|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company
More about us