Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
sponsible for the implementation of the developed Battery Energy Storage Systems installation and commissioning processes, services including maintenance procedures / work instructions, plans and coordination with the engineering, field, customer and vendor personnel for BESS installations liasing with the project managers to ensure the project commissioning requirements around Safety, Quality, On time delivery, productivity and costs are managed within the budgets.
- Technical contribution: Act as the technical lead responsible for the implementation of the installation and commissioning procedures, processes, work instructions etc on BESS installations liaising with the project managers and the engineering team.
- Safety: Coordinate with the HE GES HSE personnel to drive a Safety first culture always when performing the installation, commissioning or services of the BESS projects at customer sites. Ensure safe working procedures and practices are followed at all times including the wearing and maintenance of assigned Personal Protective Equipment; attendance at required health, safety and environment training; report injury, incidents, hazards and near miss events. Model safe work behavior in all aspects of work and actively identify hazards and risk controls
- Quality: Provide feedback and work closely with the Quality and Engineering teams on issues discovered on the field, support technical root cause analysis into incidents and failures and implement corrective actions identified to support continuous improvement activities including product improvements.
- Documentation: Complete and maintain the BESS installation, commissioning, and services standard documentation such as scope of work instructions, training, quality, forms, etc
- Costs management: Coordinate with the project managers to ensure the project commissioning requirements are met on time and within the allocated budgets with no over runs.
- Customer: Maintain cordial customer relationships & foster them. Works with the customer to shape and deliver solutions and seeks customer feedback to drive and deliver improvements. Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments as needed.
- Supply chain management: Collaborates with the Supply Chain function as needed to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Acts as technical specialist support to project and team members. Collaborates and networks within Hitachi Energy and externally sharing knowledge from the field to the engineering teams.
- Processes and tools: Reviews, develops and documents quality standards, processes, tools and techniques. Ensures that site activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Contributes towards continuous improvements of processes and tools for efficiency improvements.
- Degree qualifications in Engineering (Electrical / Controls), or equivalent or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Control Systems engineering.
- High level of technical aptitude in power systems, power generation, electrical engineering.
- Atleast 3 ~ 5 years Experience in site execution and delivery of large power system based projects including power automation, generation or control, Battery Energy Storage or Inverter based technology in installation, commissioning and services.
- Exposure to heavy engineering segments, Mining, oil and gas or heavy industry.
- Advanced computer skills including engineering software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail.
- Proactive and highly organized including timeliness and ability to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Highly flexible and demonstrable problem solving skills.
|Location||Lilydale, Victoria, Australia|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company