Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The HVDC - High Voltage Direct Current technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and is used, among other things, to transmit power over long distances & integrate renewables into the grid with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems. Please find out more about our world leading technology at https://www.hitachienergy.com/se/sv/offering/product-and-system/hvdc
- You will be given the opportunity to work in different technical areas within HVDC system R&D to develop innovative solutions for robust and cost-efficient solution for our company.
- Meet the constant new requirements from our customers and have both internal and external customers in focus.
- The R&D tasks within our department will make it possible for you to go deeper in the technical areas such as main circuit design, insulation, harmonic and system control & protection etc.
- You will be living by the core values of safety and integrity within Hitachi Energy and have a good possibility to balance your work and private life.
- To be a true team player since the group already are co-operating in a very supportive way, and we need you who can contribute to this even more.
- The R&D tasks will include design of HVDC VSC, LCC converter topologies, control and protection, main circuit, insulation coordination, steady state & dynamic stability analyst, harmonic performance with various network conditions.
- Master or PhD preferably with a major in electric power, sustainable energy, or engineering physics
- A few years of working experience preferably within HVDC technology, but also students fresh out of university are welcome to apply.
- We see that you are analytical, organized and strive to develop the newest technology.
- Experience from working in tools such as MATLAB, PSCAD/EMTDC or similar.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as you will be working in an international environment with colleagues from most part of the world.
- We would like you to be an open-minded person both regarding other individuals and our technical areas to listen to diverse ideas to solve industrial problem.
- Basic project management experience of planning and coordinating tasks is an added advantage.
We are interested to learn more about you and what you can contribute with so don’t hesitate to apply even though you don’t meet all requirements. A team with great cooperation and with diverse backgrounds is waiting for you to join!
Welcome to apply before 11 June! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!
More information: Recruiting Manager Marie-Louise Frennesson, +46 107-38 72 40, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 29 86 Unionen: Fredrik Holmgren, +46 107-38 21 85 Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Nicole Bergman, +46 72 464 39 05.
Ludvika, Dalarna County, Sweden
Vaesteras, Vastmanland County, Sweden
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company