Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Ensuring that engineering is developed with complete information and/or that all multidisciplinary information has been included. Leading development of new solutions for complex projects and challenges. Driving completion of all engineering activities on the project. Coordinating engineering discipline across several projects. Providing technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities. Designing and conducting experiments, analyzing and interpreting the data. Preparing complete project documents in area of responsibility. May act as a design authority for a particular engineering discipline and completes engineering assignments for that discipline. Creating work plans and cost estimates. Reviewing and approving scope, budget and schedule for assignments.
Business Information :
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Implementation of Control and Protection- Hardware solutions for High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) plants within a team of engineers.
- Preparation of Design Specifications, Overview Diagrams and Concept Clarifications in close cooperation with the concept coordinators.
- Participating in or leading design review meetings to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, and putting in place corrective and improvement actions
- Cubicle design, integration of all HW components into the cubicles.
- Creating Bill of material and terminal diagrams for Control & Protection equipment
- Coordination with cubicles manufacturer and perform Cubicle inspection as necessary
- Preparation of Cable list and Cable termination schedule
- Providing necessary support during Functional Performance tests and Site Commissioning
- Ensures that engineering deliverables meet the project schedule dates in line with customer
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma/ B.E./ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering.
- Candidate should have 2 to 5 years of experience in Power Generation EBoP, Substation Engineering of HV/EHV substation project in areas as per job description
- Should have software tool knowledge i.e. Windows and MS office, AutoCAD, Electrical Engineering Base/ELCAD,Hidraw.
- High ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural team.
- Open minded and creative in cooperation with colleagues and customers
- High commitment and willingness to perform.
- Must be quick learner and flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment.
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company