Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
As a Project Lead Engineer for Substation you will be responsible for AIS & GIS global projects. The person will act as overall technical lead for the engineering disciplines included in the project specific scope of work assigned. He or she will actively develops and coaches the project engineering team with technical advice and guidance.
- You will ensure activities related to all engineering disciplines within the area of responsibility are efficiently executed, in accordance with the contract specification, quality standards and safety requirements, ready to be submitted to customers. Shall be capable to finish single line diagram and layout for AIS/GIS substations independently to meet customer requirement.
- You need to Create proposals for engineering projects or programs through coordination of proposal drawings, bill of materials, verification of supplier technical offers and estimate engineering hours for all engineering disciplines.
- You will coordinate the creation of work plans and prepare regular estimation of the cost to complete for working packages in all applicable engineering disciplines. Proactively manages the project engineering team to deliver the agreed deliverables on time, on quality and at the targeted cost.
- You will co-ordinate clarify with engineers, sub-contractors and suppliers' technical issues and technical interfaces. Report to Engineering Manager regularly about the activities and status. Support the PM for better executing project.
- You will prepare of RFQ documents for SCM to obtain quote. Providing technical clearance for finalization of orders in cooperation with the LPG, after technical evaluation of offers.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor's degree or above majoring in Electrical Engineering, Automation, Power system and its automation, etc.
- At least 5 years in AIS / GIS substation design (at least 110kV level) with focus on Primary electrical design &engineering.
- Sound knowledge of transmission and distribution practices & Substation engineering.
- Must have project experience leading a team of engineering / drafting / design resources.
- Support with technical advice and guidance. To be able to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative design concepts and work with the project engineering team on the establishment of preferred concepts.
- To have independently performed risk and opportunity analysis / assessment in proposals and supported project management in variation order and claims. Can travel a little.
- Self-motivated, high curiosity and ability to learn about new technologies. Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English and communication skills.
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company