Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Head of IP Strategy has the global responsibility of driving and implementing the IP strategy based on agreed company objectives and targets in line with Hitachi Energy’s business and roadmap, together with our team of Strategic IP Counsels. The Head of IP Strategy, reporting to the Head of Intellectual Property, builds a meaningful IP portfolio securing Hitachi Energy’s current and future business so that we can continue to contribute to the energy transition and create a sustainable energy future for all.
Are you a passionate commercially minded Patent Attorney or IP Strategist ready to lead our team of Strategic IP Counsels and drive Hitachi Energy’s IP strategy to build a meaningful IP portfolio securing our current and future business?
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with IP leadership and R & D leadership and functional heads to support and drive the implementation of the global IP strategy.
- Inspire and lead the IP strategy team to continually develop and work collaboratively to simplify processes and workstreams to further enhance the quality of work and add value to Hitachi Energy. Identify opportunities for career development and growth for the team.
- Support the business by providing expert IP guidance to stakeholders and across interfaces within the organization, such as with the CTO, the business unit and R&D management, Legal and Integrity, and Tax.
- Lead IP projects in cross-functional teams, solving critical functional and geographical challenges across the entire company.
- Provide IP business advice in conflicts, litigations, M&A transactions, and licensing including risk and opportunity management.
- Continuously update your working knowledge of relevant IP laws and regulations in the main jurisdictions, to ensure our IP strategy is fully exploited.
- Identify alternative business solutions to risk regarding strategy, technology, competition and IP worldwide, and be able to communicate and collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Use your analytical skills and the ability to leverage data and metrics to drive insights, identify trends and make data driven strategic decisions.
- Create a positive and motivating team culture, using your creative, organizational and political resolution skills.
- Bring a flexible, self-driven, and pro-active mindset.
- Have comprehensive business and economics understanding; prior success in management of cross-functional teams within complex matrix organizations is a clear advantage.
What we require:
- Have experience in leading and implementing IP strategy in a global technology company.
- Have experience in commercial aspects of IP law such as M&As, licensing and monetization.
- Have a proven business acumen.
- Qualified Patent Attorney or IP strategist.
- Degree in engineering, physical sciences, electronics, computer science or other STEM degree.
- Leadership skills, able to inspire others.
- Work experience in the IP area of 7+ years with business engagement; demonstrated personal leadership skills and change leadership mindset.
- Continuously updated working knowledge of relevant IP laws and regulations in the main jurisdictions, knowledge in protecting computer implemented inventions is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills throughout all seniority and management levels, both internally within Hitachi Energy, but also with Hitachi and customers, deeply involving identifiable solutions, alternatives and risks associated with strategy, technology, competition and IP worldwide.
- Dependable knowledge of Office tools, IP search and benchmarking tools and IP management tools.
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
Cergy, Val-d'Oise, France
Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Milano, Milano, Italy
Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Legal, Compliance & Audit|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company