Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Seize this opportunity as a Senior Service Engineer within our Grid Automation Team in Stone, Staffordshire. A hybrid role, providing technical advice to customers, plus commissioning, installing, and testing of products/equipment including: Identifying and correcting more complex problems associated with start-up. Researching and recommending new product equipment upgrades to meet customer needs. Developing relationships with customers to secure future business. Including resolution of implementation queries and training customers on the features of the equipment they have purchased. Working in conjunction with the Power Grids Grid Automation Engineering Department to assist in the installation, commissioning and fault resolution of SCADA, RTU, communications Networks and Protection systems installed base. So if you are looking for your next challenge we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Role
- Work on an ‘on call Rota’ to provide out of hours emergency call out service to existing customers.
- Maintain the reporting and record system for customer problems, maintenance and fixes.
- Provide technical support to both customers and colleagues in evaluating technical requirements and answering associated technical queries.
- Assist Sales & Tendering to impart customer and site-specific experience and knowledge.
- Assist with customer approval activities such as Type Registration (standardization) and customer specific designs.
- Preparation of technical & test specifications, test reports, IEC61850 files and design drawings etc.
- To ensure compliance with Quality Management System, Safety Procedures and Accountancy Policies.
- Help to maintain customer spares and customer standby systems.
- Preparation of method statements, risk assessments for onsite work activities.
- Valued team member who is equally capable of lone working and working as a member of a team.
- Ensure conformity to the HAPG Electrical safety Management System.
- Understand the environmental risks associated with the business unit.
- A flexible working pattern as this role involves working away from home for periods of time.
- Works well with the wider HAPG team.
- Promotes HAPG technologies and values to customers.
- Interact with all customers to maintain or exceed their expectation of our services.
- Responsive to customer requests.
- Demonstrate logical engineering practices when under pressure.
- Strong background in Protection testing and working with power transmission and distribution protection solutions.
- Working Knowledge of SCADA & RTU’s.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus and fluent in spoken and written English
- Security clearance disclosures / Full UK/EU car Driving Licence.
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Working Knowledge of communication networks.
- Working knowledge of IEC61850.
- Working knowledge of the HAPG Power Grids Products Portfolio.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- National Safety Passport / National Grid BESC and competent person
- Valid GWO Certification
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all.
|Location||Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company