Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Do you want to enable green energy transition, and together with colleagues build customized embedded control systems consisting of both software and hardware to meet our customers’ and the world’s needs for sustainable energy?
We are convinced that HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) technology, solutions for energy transfer with direct current at high voltages, is a long-term sustainable solution. The technology is used for energy transmission over long distances and to connect electricity networks with minimal losses. In addition to energy transfer, HVDC technology also
alleviates electricity quality problems and can contribute to the stabilization of connected power grids. For offshore wind power or long-distance underwater transmissions, direct current is the only realistic energy transmission alternative.
In this role as a Hardware Design Engineer at HVDC you will be a part of a department which is responsible for the design of our automation system of the plants and transmissions. You will be designing our control cabinet layout, consisting of hundreds of circuit boards for measurements, control, and calculations. Our system also includes user interfaces such as HMI (Human Machine Interface), diagnostic tools and IT (Information Technology) infrastructure and IT security. For this we utilize our in house developed real-time platform MACH to meet the power industry’s standards.
We value your potential and personal commitment equal to experience, so do not hesitate to send your application even though you don’t meet all the requirements. A team with fantastic collaboration and with different backgrounds is waiting for you to join!
Location of the posting will be Glasgow/Birmingham in the United Kingdom.
- Implementation of Control and Protection- Hardware solutions.
- Preparation of Design Specifications, Overview Diagrams and Concept Clarifications in close cooperation with the concept coordinators.
- Participating in or leading design review meetings to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, and putting in place corrective and improvement actions.
- Cubicle design, Integration of all HW components into the cubicles.
- Creating Bill of material and terminal diagrams for Control & Protection equipment and Coordination with cubicles manufacturer and perform Cubicle inspection.
- Preparation of Cable list and Cable termination schedule.
- Providing necessary support during Functional Performance tests and Site Commissioning. Designing cubicle layout with access points, earthing bars, cable routing and much more.
- Work together with our customers, both internally and externally, to ensure our delivery is according to their requirements and standards.
- Collaborating and networking with engineering colleagues, sharing best practice across different projects and disciplines
- You will have the opportunity to travel abroad and participate in building some of our many power stations around the world.
- You will have the freedom to plan and organize your daily work together with a lot of problem-solving
- You are living Hitachi Energy´s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Qualifications / Background
- You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree within the relevant technical area.
- You have previous experience working with HVDC projects.
- You have a keen interest in hardware system design.
- You are a natural problem solver who enjoys meeting new challenges.
- You enjoy communicating and to collaborate with various of people in your work
- Experience with the CAD-tools for control systems, such as Engineering Base or Ruplan, is valuable
- If you have EMC knowledge or experience of AC sub-stations and control systems, it is a merit.
- As you will be part of a company that operates on the global arena, it is important that you are fluent in English.
- You are located in the UK
|Location||Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom|
|Job type||Full time|
|Job function||Engineering & Science|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company