|Location||Zürich, Oerlikon, Zurich, Switzerland|
|Type of role||Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy, High Voltage Products, is renowned worldwide as a specialist for power transmission and distribution. Our unit Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS), based in Zürich-Oerlikon, is active in the development and production of gas insulated switching systems worldwide. We ensure the high reliability of our systems by using state-of-the-art development tools and methods. At our premises in Zurich-Oerlikon, we are looking for a Junior Project Manager GIS. In this challenging role, you successfully manage the entire projects and you confidently represent the interests of ABB towards our customers. It is our goal to continuously improve our results and to offer excellent commercial and technical solutions. For this challenging opportunity, we are looking for someone, who has a technical background with first experience in a Project Management position and who is able to plan, manage and control all of the project activities with a hands-on approach and international exposure.
- Be responsible for the overall execution of customer projects in our factory by leading a team of experts in a matrix organization
- Lead as a project manger and actively contribute to the project phases of handover from sales, project structuring and planning, engineering,procurement, manufacturing, delivery, installation, testing, handover to customer and ultimately closing
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicate with all of them
- Act as the main contact for our international customers in dailly communication, leading face to face customer meetings and factory accceptance tests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify, qualify, quantify and manage project risks and ensure that all opportunities are identified and pursued
- Effectivly monitor and control project progress, use of resources and project finacials
- Prioritize tasks, ensuring completion of key workpackages as well as efficient reporting of project status.
- MSc of mechanical or electrical engineering or similar is a must
- Experience in project management, preferably in the High Voltage GIS industry will be considered an advantage
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English is a must, German is an advantage. Other languanges such as Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic... can be an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a complex and demanding environement well structured and stress resistant multi-tasker
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. Hitachi Energy Switzerland Ltd. Kim Renee Hipwood Talent Acquisition
- Retirement plan
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership